Tuesday, April 9, 2013

NO AMBITION Poem #9

Audio



No ambition--no ambition
sweaty head frame 
no ambitious drive
my drive comes from something inside
that declares I have or can find my inner PEACE
that INNER PEACE is worth my work
My countless hours studying 
My efforts toward surviving 
not flourishing, not thriving (although I should thrive)



Not seeking an inconclusive comfort
but merely knowing I CAN BE OK
despite my anger, pain, discontent rousing inside
forming through from the direction of all my life 
My historical overview 
The collective memories of Author D
knowing that once I felt a mourning for 
the absence in my life 

My childhood renovates 

my adulthood affairs
My reactions are always derived
due to some past experience 
Already lived -ROTTING within me

I take myself into a more complicated struggle 

because--hell--life is just too easy without
that struggle, piercing beneath me
Piercing its uninvited pangs of sharpness
profoundly stinging me 
Making me what I have become

An empty hollow shell

with someone inside struggling 
to break back through to my surface
Where perhaps someone may catch a 
glimpse of who I REALLY AM!

A womyn with brown eyes and skin,

aged scars from within 
stretched through to my outside exterior

The stretch marks that agree I once gave birth

somewhere under some circumstances

other scars, debris,

that prove I once inflicted pain upon  myself,
I once scraped my knee 
riding my bike as fast as I could
rushing home so that I could get there
before my mother got there 

A chipped tooth root canal 

broke-off out of my mouth 
on a chew of raisin bran cereal 

A woman with dark-medium brown hair

with spectacles and bronzer over my cheeks
sun spotted freckles around my eyes over my nose
that seems Afro-Latina but nobody knows

An unknown history --taken

stripped away from me 
A woman who is now here 

After a history of colonization 

                                                 constant migration 
and commercialization 
                                       for only one nation 
to rise 

Meanwhile, all those other nations 

without the slightest notion of what 
it might be like 

Given the opportunity

to have become a nation with promise
to flourish and give its citizens
comfort

Inconclusively 

                        some comfort

that agrees, INNER PEACE CAN BE FOUND!


NO! Apparently, those colonized nations

beneath that one nation,

are not worth, the having , or the keeping of ambition

An ambition with a preconceived corrupt manifestation
Let's continue migration because commercialization 
is the mark of one nation's freedom and promise,

The Free Market that derives from one nation's comfort,

How can I want to be ambitious? 
When I don't feel the free market will stop this manifestation,
of constant migration

The supply and demand of one nation RUES

and I am an American woman that can know PEACE?!
But despite this clarity, this woman, this me,
others think of as a case to need charity

So, I struggle without ambition 

I study with a heavy heart for countless hours
to fulfill my own determination 

because two generations ago,

those very migrations, made my very existence possible
Guilds traveled,
at different times, on different days, for different reasons,
but with the same tenacity that led them here,
to make an American woman with brown eyes, skin, and hair
that would someday have no ambition except to find
her PEACE inside, after a historical divide between a faded nation
into a diaspora within a new nation 
one day dependent on the dismantled nations beneath it 
to sustain its inner workings 

Colonial migratory industry

human enterprise 

And here I am with the same freedoms given to 

one nation but doing nothing more 
(due to a lack of ambitious drive) than struggling
and searching for a transformation 

One day 

My humane drive will find PEACE
beyond ambitious drive and I will 
meet a PEACE to comfort me in knowing,

I am OK!

One day.  








Deborah Leon Godinez Copyright ©2013


No comments:

Post a Comment