Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Noir Poem #10 Prompt #9

The dark smog raises its tentacles above
a sea of skyscrapers and lights illuminating
an eerie sky

Above me the haunting smell of cigarettes
and fossilized rain drops sparkling misty dew
all over my unwelcoming trench coat and
harlequin template

I walk towards my old office slowly
as I feel someone's breath blowing mist toward my view
Her long blonde hair covering one eye
as it luxuriously swept over her face

The reddest of mouth's I had ever seen
but what made this doll uneven
somewhat peculiar was her
even tan in the middle of a winterland
that knew no sun,

Mexico, she said she just came in from
Guanajuato, she was looking for a man
that she knew was pursuing her,

says, she wanted to finds him before he found her
we'd take the nine-o'clock subway to my partners office

I knew if anyone could help this woman,
it had to be Rodrigo.

Rodrigo knew a man in the manufacturing
of hardware goods just on the other side of the border,
Bender he says his name was

I led her into Rodrigo's office introduce this doll face
to the old man and set off on my way

Back into a cold dystopia of a winter night
among the city lights and the glow
of the smog surrounding the gigantically awkward
buildings that hovered over me as I walked
down the steps of the subway they'd descend

I knew, she'd be taken cared of from there.



Deborah Leon Godinez Copyright ©2013





1 comment:

  1. I am finding I really like these poems/writings that turn into a story and tell me new things, RICH in its own little history. some jotted down notes creating a brain painting. LET THE CYCLES OF INSPIRATION BEGIN!! :D (I wrote three today to try and catch up and now am on task.. just need to pull one more out of my head for the day.) <3

    ReplyDelete