Thursday, April 4, 2013

Poem#6 Prompt #4 Frank Exchange of Views

Frank Exchange of Views













Flies upon the flies around the kitty litter poop
who can explain how this space ship arrived here?

The one eyed cyclops captain steps off 

The Frank Exchange of Views to explore more of her perfect candor

she says to me "brace yourself for the worse"

I says, "I can finds the beauty in these ugly days"

dontcha know?

Cantcha see "what that woman's been doing to me?"

My mother, she's driving me mad

the Cyclops replies: "how can a woman drive you anywhere, you're a human 
not even a veichle?"

Oh literal Leela.

There's a rare few of ya

exploring the galaxy

Frying your brains with curly burly

sacks of I don't know, and whose to say?

Across our ancient amphibian forms lies

an underland that repairs itself
in our dreams

Our imaginations make up

the stories that keep us sane:
Let us not forget the insanity of a culture
 that values the most frivolous leaders to dominate our destiny

imagine a world free of money hungry mongrels?


Leela your world is free of money and hunger?

oh yeah, you're a cartoon.

This is me speaking to only me?

I am here on The Frank Exchange of Views
sharing my point of view,

first person, ya know, first person singular, that's me


the object, personal pronoun looking out

into a bright cloudy sky
dreading and nervously
 worrying about my own destiny
to finally see
the clarity

Frankly, I must exchange this encounter of a doubtful future to come

remaining reluctant as I let go of an amateur past
between
me and the things no one has seen

about me,

frankly, you see

I am a being drenched in fear trying to make

a dollar outta a penny that's blue

flying spaceships frequently land

around me, saucers, aliens too

My encounters are closely reviewed

through insightful
delightful
effigies

count the moons spiraling colors

that make my trance smother
my fear
with great power
sharp courage

"engage" I say just like

Captain Picard and numba one
until all is said and done

I regret my trampling moments

but make up for them with
forgiveness

I forgive my views

for sometimes they ignore, assume, and judge

But ultimately I try to keep these views open

to reconstruct and deconstruct themselves

reflexivity that yearns for

a reciprocity unmet

I am lonely here, frankly, exchanging such hollowness


I am in love here, frankly, exchanging wonderment

with our hollowness

that struggles with a

dissonant ease
disease
of the mind

One day we shall recover

the blows we lay upon ourselves

One day the Frank exchange of views

will wake us up to a new beginning

and hopefully this happens by June of this year


Frankly, I can't shower you with

my kindness although, it's there

I don't know how to form an alliance

with the hive mind

I shall retire

farewell, Leela, Picard, Counselor

Depart! Frank Exchange of Views!









Deborah Leon Godinez Copyright ©2013



1 comment:

  1. I love this one so much. it's like picking up a children's book at the library! the good ones with all the underlying life theories.

    ReplyDelete